The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities has published the following:
Building Safety Directors Consultation
This consultation sets out proposals regarding the appointment of a person to directly support resident-led organisations in complying with their duties under Part 4 of the Building Safety Act 2022 to the board of directors of:
- Resident Management Companies through the proposed Resident Management Companies (Building Safety Directors) Regulations
- Right to Manage Companies through proposed amendments to the (Model Articles) (England) Regulations 2009.
It seeks views on proposals for the following areas:
- the eligibility requirements for becoming a building safety director
- what leaseholder engagement should take place prior to any such appointment taking place
- the method of appointing and removing building safety directors
- the method of agreeing the remuneration of a building safety director.
The consultation closes at 11:45pm on 12 January 2023 and can be found here.
Statutory Guidance Fire Safety: Approved Document B
Building regulation in England covering fire safety matters within and around buildings.
Two documents have been published incorporating 2020 and 2022 amendments:
- Approved Document B (fire safety) volume 1: Dwellings, 2019 edition incorporating 2020 and 2022 amendments; and
- Approved Document B (fire safety) volume 2: Buildings other than dwellings, 2019 edition incorporating 2020 and 2022 amendments.
Both documents and further guidance can be found here.