SAEMA – Specialist Access Engineering and Maintenance Association – has a long history in delivering the best training and guidance in the temporary and permanent suspended access industry.
In keeping with our commitment to advancing safety through raising the standards in best practice, we keep in touch with all the latest developments – chiefly safety, worker welfare and the environment. We are pleased to share the following story from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Key figures for Great Britain (2021/22)
- 8 million working people suffering from a work-related illness, of which
- 914,000 workers suffering work-related stress, depression or anxiety
- 477,000 workers suffering from a work-related musculoskeletal disorder
- 123,000 workers suffering from COVID-19 which they believe may have been from exposure to coronavirus at work
- 2,544 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2020)
- 123 workers killed in work-related accidents
- 565,000 working people sustained an injury at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 61,713 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 8 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £18.8 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2019/20)
Please visit here for further detail.