SAEMA – Specialist Access Engineering and Maintenance Association – is pleased to announce that a three-day Test and Inspection course has been confirmed for the week commencing 19th April 2021.
2020 saw SAEMA (Specialist Access Engineering and Maintenance Association) implement Test & Inspection Training at the CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) National Construction College, Bircham Newton, Norfolk.
15 delegates have already successfully passed the course, which underwent a full trial in January 2020. Two full courses followed in February and August.
The cost of the three-day course is £1,495. This is discounted to £795 for SAEMA members – one of a number of discounts which are available to member organisations.
What the course covers
The training covers the testing and inspection of a building maintenance unit, the safest and most complete form of suspended access system, providing operatives with full lateral, horizontal and vertical movement of the working platform around building facades.
The aims of the training course are to enable candidates to understand the role and responsibilities associated with being appointed a competent person. It also details the legal duties linked with the supply and use of work equipment, especially relating to the provision of adequate information, instruction, advice and guidance to the duty holder and end user.
By the end of the training course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify the duties of the general employer, employees and suppliers which are associated with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Compile and record an effective risk assessment that identifies the significant hazards, risks and control measures required to complete a specific task.
- Provide accurate information, instruction, training and supervision to hand over the responsibility associated for the use of a particular item of suspended access machinery or equipment.
- Carry out an effective inspection/examination of a suspended access system and of the various component parts, following PUWER, LOLER and other Standards and Guidance.
- Accurately record the findings of an inspection/examination using an appropriate professional format as expected by LOLER.
- Identify acceptable methods and the legal requirements for reporting the findings of an inspection/examination to the end user, duty holder or enforcement authority.
The Test & Inspection Training is an integral part of SAEMA’s drive to advance safety through the raising the standards of best practice. We are continually welcoming new members, who enjoy a range of exclusive benefits. We are offering discounted rates on our Test & Inspection Training to all new members.
Please contact us on 01948 838616 today for more details.