2020 has seen SAEMA (Specialist Access Engineering and Maintenance Association) implement Test & Inspection Training at the CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) head office in Bircham Newton, Norfolk.
We are delighted to announce that 15 delegates have already successfully passed the course, which lasts for three days. A further course will take place during December, which is already fully-booked. We are now looking to book courses in 2021.
The course underwent a full trial in January of this year, after which two full courses followed in February and August.
The training covers the testing and inspection of a building maintenance unit, the safest and most complete form of suspended access system, providing operatives with full lateral, horizontal and vertical movement of the working platform.
The aims of the training course are to enable candidates to understand the role and responsibilities associated with being appointed a competent person. It also details the legal duties linked with the supply and use of work equipment, especially relating to the provision of adequate information, instruction, advice and guidance to the duty holder and end user.
By the end of the training course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify the duties of the general employer, employees and suppliers which are associated with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Compile and record an effective risk assessment that identifies the significant hazards, risks and control measures required to complete a specific task.
- Provide accurate information, instruction, training and supervision to hand over the responsibility associated for the use of a particular item of suspended access machinery or equipment.
- Carry out an effective inspection/examination of a suspended access machine and of the various component parts, following PUWER, LOLER, BS EN 1808:2015 and the SAFed LG3:2018 guidance.
- Carry out an effective examination of an item of lifting equipment or lifting accessory following LOLER and LEEA guidance.
- Accurately record the findings of an inspection/examination using an appropriate professional format as expected by LOLER and BS EN 1808:2015
- Identify acceptable methods and the legal requirements for reporting the findings of an inspection/examination to the end user, duty holder or enforcement authority
The Test & Inspection Training is an integral part of SAEMA’s drive to advance safety through the raising the standards of best practice. We are continually welcoming new members, who enjoy a range of exclusive benefits. We are offering discounted rates on our Test & Inspection Training to all new members.
Please contact us on 01948 838616 today for more details.